Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Can Wait Forever!

So just when I thought I was nearing the last couple of months of Preston's mission (he's been out for almost 17 months), I get a little note from him this week telling me that he gets to extend three more months and instead of coming home next July, he won't be home until October. He is super excited about it, so naturally I was excited for him! For those of you who don't know, Preston has had quite the interesting mission. He left in July of 2007 and had been out for about ten months when his mom, Sally, calls me and says that Preston had broken his hip. When I heard this, all I could think was "I thought only old people broke their hips!". But apparently young people can too! And being the goofy missionary he was at the time, he had this little mishap by jumping over a trash can!! And apparently didn't land so well after he jumped. Lol So he was sent home for four months, conveniently for the same four months that I was enjoying my summer break from BYU! So he spent his first summer as a missionary in Moab, dating his girlfriend, and doing most things that missionaries aren't allowed to. And the best part was that he was released so everything was okay!! He was one of the few missionaries that after having an experience like this, actually went back out to finish off what he started. He has now been out again for almost 4 months and I have been anxiously counting down the months until I get to see him again. And just when I thought I only had 7 left, he surprises me with the news that he gets to extend, so I now get to add 3 more months to my count down! woo hoo! I am excited for him because he loves what he is doing right now and is loving being able to serve the Lord. I feel so incredibly lucky to have someone as wonderful as him in my life! I sure do love this boy!


No comments: