Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tis the Season!


Today it snowed!
And I'm not talking about the kind of snow that is there when you wake up in the morning and then gone by noon. It literally snowed ALL DAY LONG. As much as I dislike driving in the snow and walking to and fro on campus in all of the slush, it
truly makes it feel like winter and gives off a very "Christmasy" feeling when
there is snow on the ground. I love it!!

So after I was done with class today, I found myself driving around Provo and seriously getting so excited with how cute and cozy everything looks when it is covered in a blanket of snow. I love the feeling I get seeing all of the cute little houses in this area when they are decorated for Christmas and looking so festive. I've been taking a History of Interior Design and Architecture class this semester and it really has made me aware of all of the little architectural features on homes and buildings and made me appreciate them even more (I didn't think that was possible, but it definitely was!). Anyways, I've decided that I don't really want a huge house when I grow up, get married and start having a family. I would really love a quaint little house that has an old fashioned, timeless feel. Something similar to these....(but of course they will be even cuter when they are covered with Christmas lights, a wreath on the front door, a Christmas tree in the front window, and fresh powdery snow covering it all!!)

1 comment:

David and Natalie Reheis said...

Oh yes very cute homes!!! It rained all day yesterday for us! (that's a pretty big deal down here) :) I'm coming up in two weeks from today! Woo hoo!